UK Student Visa—Realization of the Ultimate Academic Dream

Posted on

apply for UK Student VisaIn these recent times, students no longer want to confine their studies within the boundaries of their own nation. They are now seeking better scope and prospects in overseas nations to consolidate their career further.  Students have recognized education as a key foundation for success across the globe. Thus, they prefer to relocate to various top destinations in order to attain a quality education. Though there are numerous countries that welcome overseas students to pursue their studies, the UK continues to top the charts of leadings study destinations across the globe. Any non-EU national or foreign national, who would like to take up study courses in the United Kingdom must apply for UK Student Visa.

Student Visa to UK

The government of UK welcomes international students to study in Britain and there exist no cap on the number of student visas that can be issued. The study visa to the UK is a short-term visa that enables overseas nationals to enter and dwell in the UK for a certain period.

Types of UK student visas

There are three different types of UK student visas. Based on the individual’s age and course duration, they should apply for an appropriate visa.

  • Short-term study visa
  • Tier 4 (Child) student visa
  • Tier 4 (General) student visa

Short-term study visa

Individuals who would like to engage in short term course such as English language course or a training course in the UK can apply for this visa. Research activities can also be carried out on this visa and applicants are permitted to reside for a period of 6 months or 11 months—if they are more than 18 years undertaking an English language course.

Tier 4 (Child) student visa

Individuals whose age is between 4 and 17 can apply for tier 4 child student visa. Applicants are allowed to engage in any type of study course and those above 15 years can even engage in work either part-time or full-time (during vacations). The validity period of this visa depends on the applicant’s age as well as course duration.

  • Applicants under 16 can reside throughout the course length i.e. up to 6 years and an additional 4 months afterwards
  • Applicants whose age is 16 or 17 can reside till the course completion i.e. up to 3 years and an additional 4 months afterwards

Tier 4 (General) student visa

Individuals whose age is 16 or over can apply for this visa. They can engage in full-time course and may even take up employment depending on the duration of stay, type of course and sponsor. This visa can be extended further. The validity period of this visa depends on the type and duration of course.

For more information about this, please fill out Free assessment form.  One of our consultants will get back to you. For more updates follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Google+ 

Related Post