Who Can Apply For Visa to Study in UK?

Posted on

British citizens do have the right to live as well as work in the UK. Subject to other conditions, the individuals may also be able to apply for British Citizenship if, Individual has been living in the UK for 5 years (or 3 yrs if the individual is married to or the civil partner is a British Citizen). The individual is born in the UK or British overseas territory. 

  • One of the parents is British Citizen.
  • Individual has another form of British  nationality
  • Fiancés, Partners, proposed civil partners, children as well as adult dependent relatives of British citizens living in the UK or those who do have the right of Permanent Residence in the UK, may apply for UK Citizenship.

Are You Swiss National or EEA?

Both Swiss national, as well as EEA, do have the right to work or simply live in the UK, if they have the means to support themselves and their family without becoming an unreasonable burden on public funds.

Study in UK?The spouse, unmarried long-term partner, civil partner, dependent children or grandchildren under the age of 21 and dependent parents, as well as grandparents, may also accompany the applicant as in few circumstances, the non-relatives who can show the actual dependence.

Swiss nationals, as well as EEA and their family members who live in the UK for 5 years, do qualify for permanent settlement. They may also be able to apply for British citizenship after the further year in the UK.

Study In UK

Individuals whose age is over 4 may apply for a visa to Study in the UK. Between the ages of 4 and 15, they should attend an independent fee paying school. Applicants of all ages should have a sponsor, a normally licensed educational provider. A student may be required to pay a healthcare surcharge.

An adult student would need to show a particular level of English language ability. They may work in the UK, while studying for specified amount of time and subject to conditions. Adults students may be able to bring their partner as well as children under the age of 18 to the UK. At the other end of the scale, parents of children under age of 12 may be able to accompany them to the UK.

Presently, time spent studying in the UK does not lead to a right to permanent settlement (or citizenship).

For more information about this, please fill out the Free assessment form.  One of our consultants will get back to you. For more updates follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Google+

Related Post