Critical Skill Visa Facilitates South Africa Immigration than Ever Before
Have you ever contemplated to work in South Africa? Perplexed to choose right visa option? Well, you are at the right place to get all the required details for South Africa immigration. With the flourishing economy, laid-back lifestyle, developing, manufacturing sector and ample job opportunities, South Africa has emerged as a leading destination for immigration. The country is in dire need of skilled workers to meet the rising labour market needs and boost the manufacturing sector. Thus, many overseas nationals are hired to work in the country on South Africa Critical Skill Visa.
What is Critical Skill Visa to South Africa?
Critical Skill Visa is a work visa issued to skilled immigrants based on the critical skills list published by the South African Department of Labor. If individual’s profession is specified in the list, then it means that his or her skill set is most in-demand in South Africa and the individual can qualify for this work visa.
Requirements for South Africa Critical Skill Visa
The following are the requirements to obtain South Africa Critical Skill Visa
- The confirmation from professional board, council and body, recognized by SAQA (South African Qualifications Association) or any pertinent government department verifying the qualification as well as the skills of the candidate and the relevant post qualification experience
- Evidence of application for a credential of registration with professional board, body or council standardised by SAQA
- Evidence of assessment of overseas degree by SAQA as well as interpreted by a sworn translator into any of the country’s official languages
- Employment proof within 9 months after attaining South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa in the form of a job contract
- Post qualification experience proof such as testimonials or reference letters
Initially, this visa is granted for three months to arrive in South Africa and seek a valid job offer, and upon receiving the job offer, they can reside in the country for a period up to five years. Successfully selected applicants can also apply for Permanent residency after attaining five years of work experience in South Africa.