Everything You Need To Know About South Africa Critical Skills Visa
With growing economy and booming manufacturing sector, South Africa is in need of a great number of skilled professionals in various designations. Few skills and qualifications are deemed as exceptional by the government of South Africa. To attract people with such skills and talents, the government has devised South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa, which allows eligible applicants to enter the country. South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa is an ideal option for overseas skilled professionals who can plug the skill gap in South Africa. South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa replaces the Quota work permit. Home affairs department has introduced the critical skills list and the skills requirement as per the occupation. South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa is the best option for skilled professionals wishing to immigrate to South Africa.
What are the benefits of South Africa Critical Skills Visa?
The following are the few benefits of South Africa Critical Skills Visa:
- No prior job offer is required to enter the country
- Visa is issued for three months with the option of extension
- Candidates can search for a job and convert the visa to Work Permit
- No need to go through the burdensome labour certification process, which is required for a General Work Visa application
- Upon receiving job offer, applicants can apply for Open Work permit that is valid for five years to work in South Africa
- Paves path for permanent residency
What are the requirements of South Africa Critical Skills Visa?
Few general conditions are to be met by the candidates applying for a South Africa Critical Skills Visa:
- Valid passport
- Medical report
- Roundtrip tickets
- Financial sufficiency
- Proof to validate exceptional skills
- Letter of confirmation
The applications accepted at the Visa Facilitation Centre will be processed within eight weeks. Therefore, candidates who satisfy the requirements above can apply for a South Africa Critical Skills Visa.