How to migrate to Singapore?
Singapore immigration from India
Singapore is certainly a choice of destination for many people, who wish to settle abroad. The nation provides quality life for its people. Individuals, who wish to immigrate to Singapore, should have good understanding of rules and procedures for successful entry into the country and further gain permanent residency.
Schemes and Singapore Immigration Rules from India
Following are the various visa programs available for Indians to enter Singapore
- Global Investment program
- Landed Permanent Residence (LPR)program
- Professionals/Technical Personnel & Skilled Worker Scheme(PTS) program
- Foreign Artistic Talent scheme
Global Investment program
Business entrepreneurs and foreign nationals can immigrate to Singapore against an investment through ‘Global Investment program’. The two options available under this program are:
1. Global Investor Scheme: Foreign investors should invest SGD $2.5 million in a government authorized business enterprise and also must possess excellent business experience. Either a new business can be formed or an existing business can be improved.
2. Financial Investor Scheme: Foreign investor must deposit or invest SGD $5 million in a financial institution that is approved by the Singapore’s Monetary Authority.
Landed Permanent Residence (LPR) program
Skilled professionals, who are working abroad, can apply for LPR program, which authorizes them to find a job in Singapore with in a period of one year. Upon, acquiring a job they can relocate their family members to the country after which they will be granted Permanent Residency In Singapore.
Professionals/Technical Personnel & Skilled Worker Scheme (PTS) program
Individuals, who hold Singapore’s Employment Pass, Entrepass or PEP (Personalized employment pass) are given an opportunity to become permanent residents of the country through PTS program.
Foreign Artistic Talent scheme
Outstanding foreign arts professionals are authorized to apply under this scheme in order to become Singapore Permanent Residents.