Skilled workers & professionals are in great demand in Canada. More than 250,000 immigrants are allowed in the country every year. The Canadian skilled migrants are citizens of other countries who have university degree and a high level of experience in their chosen skilled occupation.
The applications of the candidates are accepted by the Citizenship & Immigration Canada [CIC] under the skilled worker category only if he/ she meet the immigration requirements mentioned below:
- Candidates who apply under the skilled immigration category should be proficient in any one of the official languages of Canada i.e. English & French.
- The candidate should have a solid job offer from the Canadian employer.
The candidate can also apply under this category if he/she is staying in Canada as an international student.
Candidates who do not have a job offer can still apply under skilled worker category if has at least 1 year of experience that is relevant to the experience that you need to have in Canada
The applicants are assessed based on their educational qualification & job experience and applicants with relevancy in both areas are offered the Canadian skilled worker visa.
The skilled migration occupation list for the potential immigrants for 2011-2012 is as follows:
1. Restaurant and Food Service Managers
2. Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
3. Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management
4. Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
5. Biologists and Related Scientists
7. Specialist Physicians
8. General Practitioners and Family Physicians
12. Registered Nurses
13. Medical Radiation Technologists
14. Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
15. Licensed Practical Nurses
17. Social Workers
20. Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
21. Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades
22. Electricians (Except Industrial & Power System)
23. Industrial Electricians
25. Welders & Related Machine Operators
26. Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
27. Crane Operators
28. Drillers & Blasters — Surface Mining, Quarrying & Construction
29. Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service
Candidates with minimum one year of relevant experience in any of the occupation mentioned in the list can apply under skilled migration program. The skilled migration program is a points based system & is specially designed to attract the potential skilled workers from all over the world. Canadian skilled workers can apply for Citizenship after 3 years of their stay in the country.
Connect with us on FB:
Follow us on: http://twitter.com/#!/Opulentuz
For any queries and clarifications visit our forum: