The government of Quebec has planned to increase its job market by allowing more immigrants. According to the plan, Quebec will permit 50,000 immigrations from more than 100 countries every year till 2015.
This is interesting news for all immigrants who wish to settle in Quebec. According to a study, a majority of immigrants selected as workers found a job that suits their qualifications within 5 years of their Quebec immigration.
Latest updates Immigration to Quebec 2017:
In Quebec, most employment opportunities are in Montreal
Generally, the entire labor market of Quebec is good but Montreal
has more opportunities with a large number of business firms. Due to which most of the Quebec immigrants choose to settle in Montreal region. Several business sectors of Montreal like information and technology, tourism industry, health and science fields are found to have good growth.
Following are a few examples of occupations that are expected to have the highest rate of job growth in coming years.
Information and Technology
Montreal is a hub for computer and video gaming industries like Electronic Arts, UbiSoft, and Softimage with following job offers
Business & Finance
- Web Designers and Developers
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- Computer Network Technicians
Health and Medical
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Professional occupations in business services to management
- Specialist Physicians
- Biologists and related scientists
- General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- Licensed Practical Nurses
Montreal has well-known universities and colleges like McGill University, the John Molson School of Business, and the University de Montreal with following job opportunities
- University Professors
- College and Other Vocational Instructors
- Administrators – Post-secondary Education and Vocational Training
- Accommodation Service Managers
- Food Service Supervisors
- Food and Beverage Servers
Other Occupations in High Demand for Quebec Skilled Worker
- Butchers, Meat Cutters, and Fishmongers – Retail and Wholesale
- Electrical Mechanics
- Aircraft Assembly Inspectors
- Construction Managers
- Civil Engineer
Overseas Skilled candidates can benefit from this great opportunity offered by Quebec government.