Australia is a developed country with a prosperous multicultural society and excellent infrastructural and health care. It is known for its fantastic climate, picturesque beaches and friendly people. Hence, it always finds its name on the top when a person thinks of an option for relocating to a new country.
Australia is open to allow immigrants coming and settling here. To give suffice number of options to visit Australia, the country offers different types of visas. These visas can be business visas, tourist visa, visa for internships etc. Amongst all these immigration options, student visa is the one which attracts a lot of youth to migrate to Australia.
Features of Australian Student Visa
- Australian student visa is designed in a way to enable the migrant to study as well as work during his tenure in the country. It allows the student to study a full time course and also work part time to meet the living expenses. You can work maximum 20 hours per week during the duration of your course and unlimited hours during your vacations.
- You are also allowed to take your partner and dependent children to Australia during the duration of your course. However, in case your age is less than 18 years your parents should accompany you. To take any relative along you need to show your proof of relationship with the dependent and you’ll be financially responsible for them in Australia. Your relatives are also allowed to work 20 hours per week till your course of study.
Before applying for Australian Visa
, make sure to decide the course you want to enroll into and make a list of Australian universities offering the course. Choose your course wisely as your permanent residency in Australia
will depend upon the nature of your course and the occupation you want be to be in. The more the relation between your desired occupation and course studied the more you are eligible to apply for a PR
. If you are taking services of an Australian Immigration Consultant
then he can suggest you which course and university will be the best for you depending upon your future aspirations. Once you are decided which course to enroll into, apply in the college and complete the formalities. Your Immigration Consultant
can be of great help in carrying out the entire Australian visa process
like calculating the Australian Immigration points
, taking care of the documents required, filling the visa application form
and remaining in touch with the Australian
Department of Immigration
- You are eligible to stay in Australia up to the duration of your course
- During this course duration you are eligible to make multiple entries in the country
- You and your accompanying relatives, if any should have a health insurance during your stay in the country.
Eligibility to apply for Australian
- To be eligible, you should have been registered under a full time course by an Australian educational institute registered on Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- You should have sufficient funds to pay for your course and living expenses for yourself and any other family members accompanying you
Obtaining a Tax File Number:
For working in Australia
you’ll need to obtain a Tax File Number from Australian
Work available in Australia
for international students:
As an international student you will find more work options in retail, hospitality and administration fields. Giving tuitions to young students of your field or teaching your native language can also be a lucrative way of earning. You may be paid extra for working on Sundays and any public holidays.
Applying for Australian Permanent Residency
The students who have migrated
for a minimum 2 year full time course are eligible to apply for an Australian Permanent Residency
after the completion of the course and possession of degree. Certain points shall be kept in mind while applying for PR
- You should apply for permanent residency within 6 months of completion of your course
- You must currently reside in Australia while the application is submitted
- List your intended occupation in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
In case you do not fulfill the requirements of Australian permanent visa
then you can apply for Skilled Graduate Visa
which would give you additional 18 months to enhance your qualification for citizenship
. However, if you choose to study further after your graduation then doing Masters or Honors from Australia
can get you 10 extra points
Stay connected with us on:
For any queries and clarifications visit our forum: