For people who are born in Canada for them Canadian Citizenship is their birth right. But if you are a foreigner settled in Canada then you will have to earn the Citizenship. Even if you have Canadian PR you will not be called as Canadian Citizen, you will not be allowed to vote in the Federal elections. You will need Citizenship to enjoy equal benefits as that of the native players of Canada.
Eligibility for Canadian Citizenship
If you fulfill the following requirements then your application for Canadian Citizenship will be processed further:
What is Citizenship Test?
- You should be between18-59 years of age
- Should hold Canadian PR
- After Canadian Immigration you should have lived in Canada for 3 years in previous 4 years
- Should possess good communication skills in French or English
- Good Knowledge on Canada
- Familiar with rights & responsibilities of a Canadian Citizen
- Before you were a permanent resident, if you have spent time in Canada that will count towards your total
If your application is accepted then you need to clear a Citizenship test. The test may contain nearly 20 questions and you will have to answer maximum questions correctly to pass the test. The questions in the test may be based on the following topics:
- Canada government
- Aboriginal People & Symbol
- French & English Language Skills
You can prepare for this test easily; questions on Canadian Citizenship are available online. If you pass the test you will be called by the Citizenship Canada to take the oath of Citizenship at a public ceremony.
Canadian citizenship hold strict guidelines and it is advised to hire best Canadian Immigration consultants for the entire process. They are the one who keep themselves updated with new policies of Canadian Immigration and Citizenship. Your entire process of immigration and Citizenship can be processed smoothly if you’re under the guidance of the experienced consultants.
Connect with us on FB:
Follow us on: http://twitter.com/#!/Opulentuz
For any queries and clarifications visit our forum: