What you need to know about Hong Kong QMAS?
Hong Kong, the Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China is an attractive destination for people who wish to start a new business. The Hong Kong immigration department has designed many programs to lure skilled workers among which Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) has gained utmost response among skilled immigrants.
Hong Kong QMAS visa
Hong Kong QMAS is a quota based entrance scheme that is designed to attract highly skilled fresh entrants to settle in Hong Kong. Individuals with skills and talent who wish to contribute their skills to the growth of country’s economy can migrate to Hong Kong through Hong Kong QMAS. Applicants who are successful in Hong Kong QMAS
can bring their spouse and minor dependent children to Hong Kong provided having sufficient funds to meet their expenses during their stay in the country.
Hong Kong QMAS requirements
Hong Kong QMAS applicants need to fulfill certain pre-requisites before undertaking any one of Hong Kong points based tests. The Hong Kong QMAS requirements include:
- Applicant’s age must be equal to or over 18 years while filing an application for Hong Kong QMAS.
- Must be financially sufficed to meet the self and dependent family members’ expenses.
- Proficient in English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese)
- Must obtain a first degree from a reputed university or a tertiary educational institution
- Must be free from any criminal case
- Must qualify in either General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Tests.
Hong Kong QMAS points calculator
Applicants who successfully meet the aforesaid Hong Kong QMAS Points calculator must qualify in either General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Test. In General points test, points will be allotted based certain factors such as age, work experience, language, and family background. Applicants must obtain 80 point to qualify for General points test. Whereas, applicants with exceptional skills or talents can undertake Achievement-based Points Test. For Achievement-based Points Test, applicants need to obtain 165 points under single scoring factor to qualify for Hong Kong QMAS.