What are the Requirements of Hong Kong QMAS?
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) is a good opportunity for talented people who wish to immigrate to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong QMAS is a quality based entrant scheme which is designed to draw skilled individuals who can contribute their skills for the development of the country’s economy. To Immigrate to Hong Kong, a job offer is not required for successful applicants of Hong Kong QMAS. Under Hong Kong QMAS, successful applicants can bring their dependent family members including spouse and minor dependent children to Hong Kong. Nationals of Cambodia, Afghanistan, Korea, Nepal, Cuba, Vietnam and Laos will be not allowed to immigrate to Hong Kong through Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme.
Hong Kong QMAS Requirements:
Applicants applying for Hong Kong QMAS must qualify in any one of the points based tests in addition to satisfying following requirements:
- While filing an application for Hong Kong QMAS Visa, the applicant’s age must be equal to or over 18 years.
- Evidence demonstrating that the applicant is capable of meeting expenses of theirs and their dependents during their stay in the country.
- Applicant should not be subjected to any criminal record.
- Proficient in Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English.
- Must hold a degree from a reputed university or a tertiary educational institution. In few cases, good technical skills, experience and achievements will be considered.
- Hong Kong QMAS applicants must qualify in any of the two points based tests-either General or Achievement points based tests. In General points tests, applicant need to score at least 80 points against a set of pre-defined factors whereas in Achievement points based tests, you should score 165 points to get qualified for Hong Kong QMAS.
Finally, you need to compete for quota allocation against other applicants provided satisfying aforesaid criteria.