Migrate to Hong Kong through QMAS
Hong Kong is a beautiful country with many attractions in the form of resplendent skyscrapers, tall buildings, ancient monuments and scenic landscapes. Every year, thousands of immigrants come here to find better employment opportunities or acquire a higher education qualification. Those who wish to settle in this country, now have the option of applying for the Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme.
Hong Kong QMAS
The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a unique entrant scheme that is based on quota. It especially attracts highly skilled or talented individuals to come and settle in Hong Kong. It also helps in contributing to the country’s economy and increases its hold in the global market. Successful candidates are not required to hold a job offer letter from a local employer to settle in Hong Kong. All individuals seeking Hong Kong immigration through QMAS must obtain the points score required via one of the two points based tests. These are- General point-based test and Achievement-based Points Test.
Requirements for Hong Kong QMAS
Following are the eligibility criteria based on which an individual is awarded points for QMAS:-
- Age- Must be 18 years or above at the time of application lodging.
- Financial stability- The applicant must be able to support himself or herself along with their dependents without the need for public fund assistance.
- Character requirements- Should bear a good moral character, with the absence of any criminal records.
- Language competency- Should be able to speak and write English or Chinese (Cantonese or Putonghua).
- Educational Qualification- Should possess basic educational qualifications from a recognised university. In particular cases, a good technical skills and abilities will be taken into consideration.
General point-based QMAS
The minimum passing mark is 80. Maximum point awarded under each of the above criteria is mentioned below:-
- Age- 20 points
- Academic Qualifications- 40 points
- Work experience- 50 points
- Language proficiency-20 points
- Family background- 20 points
Achievement-based Points QMAS
Those who apply for the Achievement-based Points test must score 165 points through either of the following two criteria or not score at all. Points are awarded if the applicant:
- Has obtained an award of exceptional achievements like Olympic medal, national or international awards or Nobel prize
- Has received acknowledgement from his or her peers for significant contribution made in his/her field of expertise such as lifetime achievement award