Immigration to Canada – How to calculate the IELTS Score
Canada is a favorite destination for many immigrants. When they prepare a file for Immigration to Canada to explore the professional opportunities and good life, they need to consider a few facts. For moving to Canada, they must also go through an immigration system which is based on points.
Through it, the government evaluates the applicants, and issues permanent residency to them, subsequently. The candidate for the point system is assessed on the basis of receiving the education, gaining the work experience and possessing the language proficiency.
Proficiency in Language is a major requirement in these parameters. We provide useful tips regarding this requirement here:
A requirement of Language Proficiency for obtaining a Canada PR
International English Language Testing System is a test that is recognized globally. It assesses the proficiency level an applicant in the English language. After taking the test it allocates the proficiency scores subsequently. The ability of an applicant is tested in Reading, Speaking, Writing and Listening. They get different band scores depending on their skills and performance.
Canada judges the fresh arrivals as per its own benchmark called Canadian Language Benchmark. Through it, the authorities check the language proficiency of the applicants. By using the table the candidates can compare the CLB to the IELTS score and know about their qualification regarding language proficiency.
IELTS score requirement for Canada immigration Programs
CLB Vs IELTS band score
There are two types of Permanent Residence programs in Canada. Firstly, the Federal express Entry immigration System followed by Immigration programs of the provinces like PNP and QSWP. Both these Systems and Programs have different requirement for IELTS. Federal Express Entry System requires a CLB 7 level. Similarly, the Provincial Programs have different requirement for IELTS.
Canada Express Entry System needs the CLB 7
- OINP also needs CLB 7 for all the streams aligned with Express Entry
- The Immigrant Nominee Program of Saskatchewan needs a CLB 4 for its OID Stream. Moreover, its stream aligned with Express Entry requires a CLB 7.
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program – its stream aligned with Express Entry requires a CLB 7.
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program has set the CLB 4 proficiency level for candidates who have experience in semi-skilled and low-skilled occupations corresponding to NOC C and D.
- All the candidates can see making a comparison of the score for each of the immigration program in Canada
To get more details related to Canada fill out a Free Evaluation Form or contact us at [email protected] or call us 7207111222. One of our experts will meet your expectations and provide answers to queries.