Learn Key Features Of Express Entry System before Applying For Canada Immigration
Canada is a land of colossal natural beauty, with sizeable opportunities for landed immigrants through preeminent economic immigration programs. Immigration to Canada is a most popular choice preferred by some individuals. The craze for Canada immigration has increased more with the launch of Express Entry system on 1 January 2015. There are several Canada Skilled Immigration programs designed by the federal government to allure overseas skilled employees. Of all those, the new selection process—Canada Express Entry, is the best one that transforms the entire Canada immigration process into fast and flexible by focusing on country’s labour market needs.
Canada Express Entry
The new Canada Express Entry system is an electronic system that manages applications under the Canada economic immigration programs such as:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and
- A portion of Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
Key Features of Canada Express Entry
Express Entry system has made some landmark changes in the Canada immigration system and opened its wide doors to prospective immigrants like never before. Before applying for Canada immigration, individuals should know some of the key Features of Canada Express Entry.
- The FSW program through Express Entry program is altering the process of selection but not the selection criteria for immigrants, who want to settle in Canada as skilled employee on PR status. Under the new Express Entry system, applicants can apply for FSW only after receiving the invitation from CIC.
- Eligible candidates in the Express Entry pool can easily get an invitation. Candidate’s application in the pool is valid for a period up to one year after that it will be removed. If the candidate is still interested, they can re-apply for it.
- Under the new Express Entry system, there will be a point’s based system—comprehensive Ranking system (CRS), where applicants will be ranked based on their skills.
- While filling online express entry form candidate should provide the details related to his or her experience, qualifications, Language skills, occupation, Canadian Experience, Canadian Education, Spousal language skills and others. Answers to all the queries related to the province in which they wish to settle should also be provided.
- CIC conducts regular draws and picks highest ranking candidates from the Express Entry pool. Candidates with valid job offers will get high scores, and there will be more chances for them to get selected under Canada FSW express entry program. Prior job offer from a Canadian employer is not mandatory for the candidate to become eligible for receiving an invitation to apply for Canada PR.
- The Express Entry rounds will be extremely transparent, and instructions that are followed to pick candidates from the pool will be published on the CIC website. The details such as date of draw, the number of successfully selected candidates, selected candidate’s minimum score and other major updates will be revealed regularly.
- Candidates who hold valid job offer are not likely to be many, and thus chances for express entry applications with no job offer are expected to be very bright.
- Candidates with no job offer can enrol themselves into Canada Job Bank after creating a profile to promote themselves to the Canadian employers for getting a job offer. Further, candidates details provided in the Express entry pool via CRS will be updated, and thus immediately they can move top in pool rankings. And in the next draw, their chances to get picked will be thereby increased.
- Candidates, who filled application under Express Entry, may also increase their chances of receiving provincial nominee and can get extra points under CRS.
- There is no specific time, quota and occupations list to apply for Express Entry system.
- Successfully selected candidates from Express Entry pool to need to make sure that they abide federal points based eligibility criteria and requirements of any of those above federal economic immigration programs.
- All the applications of successfully selected candidates will be processed within a period of six months.