Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program offers ample opportunities for Technicians
Canada’s re-opened Federal Skilled Worker program (FSW) 2014 is offering tremendous opportunities even for technicians. There is a lot of scope for finding relevant jobs for technicians in the country. Under this program, Canadian immigration department accepts 1,000 applications per each eligible occupation. A set of 50 occupations were included in FSW program which includes occupations related to technicians like
- Computer Network Technicians (2281)
- Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics (2243)
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians (2232)
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (2241)
Eligibility criteria for Computer Network Technicians and Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Minimum one year paid relevant experience in either full time or part time.
- Must have command on languages like English or French
- Aged between 18 to 35 years
- Should be adaptable to live and work in Canada
- The candidate should score at least 67 points out of 100 in points based system.
Key requirements for Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics
- The applicant must complete secondary school of education
- Must complete four to five years of apprentice program in industrial instrumental repair (or)
- Should complete a college program of two-year in industrial instrumentation technology and for trade certification, the candidate must have work experience of many years.
Eligibility for Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- In order to apply for mechanical engineering technologist, the candidate must complete a two or three year college program in mechanical engineering technology.
- For mechanical engineering technicians, they should complete one or two year college program in mechanical engineering technology.
- Relevant work experience of two years is required for the candidate to get certified through provincial association of engineering either in mechanical engineering technology or in relevant field.
With so many options available under the re-owned FSW program 2014, this is considered as the right time by many technicians to opt for Canada migration.