Temporary foreign workers or foreign students who graduated in Canada may qualify for Permanent Residence under the Federal CEC (Canadian Experience Class) Program.
However, to apply under the CEC, one must fulfill the following requirements. The applicant must:
Skilled work experience
- Have gained experience in Canada with the proper authorization
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Have a minimum of 12 months of full-time (or an equal period in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the 3 years before applying for CEC
- Meet the particular language levels necessary for your job for each language ability (reading, speaking, listening and writing)
According to the Canadian NOC (National Occupational Classification), skilled work experience means:
- NOC Skill type 0 is classified as Managerial Jobs
- NOC skill type A is classified as Professional Jobs
- NOC skill type B is classified as Skilled Trades and Technical Jobs
The applicant should have a minimum of 12 months of full-time, or an equal period in part-time, skilled work experience
. Full-time work means a minimum of 30 hours of paid work per week.
For more updates Follow us @ Facebook