Are you having a Temporary or Permanent Work Visa for Australia – Know Your Rights
Australia witnesses the immigration of many people from across the world every year. They arrive to study or build up a career in Australia It has a strong economy, lively cities, good employment rate and beautiful landscape.
Australia offers great visa options and has a huge demand to employ skilled migrants. It permits residence and work, temporarily as well as permanently to Australia
All temporary visas are given under Work Visa and Working Holiday Visa subclass 417, and Temporary Graduate Visa subclass 457. The permanent visas are given under Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189, Regional Sponsored Migration Stream Visa subclass 187, and Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190, Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 489 coming under the General Skilled Migration Program.
It is important to have deep knowledge of the entitlements and basic workplace rights before arriving in the country. Understanding these rights is of great importance in protecting the available opportunities and avoiding refusal of promotion or training facilities for many reasons.
Know about the Workplace Rights for Visa Holders in Australia
The Australian law, states that all workers and migrants are assured of rights and protection against any form of ill-treatment or exploitation while being at work. The salient features are:
- Australian law defines the Pay scale and workplace conditions which will be followed by all establishments.
- The Pay and Conditions Tool is meant for calculating the leave arrangements, basic pay rates, shift schedule, notice period and entitlements at the time of dismissals.
- Employees can avail the assistance of the Translating and Interpreting Service when they need a Translator/Interpreter.
- All employers working in the country do not have the right to cancel the visa of an employee, and it is exclusively the right of the Department of Home Affairs to give, cancel or refuse the visa. In case of an examination for visa cancellation, persons can justify why there should be no visa refusal.
- The Fair Work Ombudsman receives and manages complaints of the workplace, and also enforces strict compliance based on national workplace law. It being an independent agency, of the Australian Government, is statutory in nature, and offers free support regarding the relations system at national workplaces in Australia.
Migrants who work in Australia need to understand their basic rights and must also meet the provisions of employment law so that they have a healthy and safe environment in their workplace.
To find out if you are eligible to Immigrate to Australia Permanently, fill out a free evaluation form or contact us at [email protected] or call us 7207111222. One of our experts will meet your expectations and provide answers to queries.