Changes have been proposed by the Australian Government to the new skilled migrant visa which will be in operation from July 2012.
The key changes that are being introduced are:
- Amendments to be introduced to skilled migration points test.
- Introduction of some new points to the tested skilled migrant visas.
- The merging of six already existing points that test skilled migration visa subclasses into the three subclasses.
The changes have been introduced keeping in view, the changing labor conditions. There are about 6 different visas that are points tested, and are non-employer sponsored skilled migration based visa applications that have been actually granted in and of course outside Australia.
The announcement would include the removal of distinction between the undoubtedly the locations of the visa applicant and these subclasses will then be replaced by of course the new 3 point system tested skill migration visa sub-classes. Those migrants planning to immigrate have been invited to apply for the visa.
Features of the proposed new migrant visa:
- The Subclass based 485 (skilled graduate) as well as the subclass 476 Skilled oriented graduate) non-points that have been tested as skilled migrant visa subclasses are not likely to change. The outside as well as in Australia location, requirements will remain for mentioned three visas (476,887, and 887).
- From coming July 1st, 2012, individuals as well as those outside and inside Australia may be in a position to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Also there will be phasing out of the existing points that have been skilled migrant visas which have been tested with the following sub classes:
- From July 1st onwards 2012 the “point based tested skilled migration that has been granted outside Australia (subclasses 175, 176 and 475) will now be closed for the new applicants.
- Also from January 1st, 2013, “points tested skilled migration visa which has been granted in USA (subclasses 886, 885 as well as 487) will now be closed for the new applications.
The Skillset will now be introduced on July 1st
, 2012 and will actually change the manner the way people want to migrate to Australia. Rather than go in for application for skilled migration visa, people will in the initial stage record their respective details through the online EOI. The EOI will include the basic personal details and the skills as well as attributes would be ranked against a points test, in case they seek out a point tested immigration visa.
Connect with us on FB:
Follow us on: http://twitter.com/#!/Opulentuz
For any queries and clarifications visit our forum: